Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Growing... We Do It Everyday


On the first day of this class, I had no idea what I was in store for. One thing I did know though, was that this teacher was funny, down to earth and it definitely seemed like this class was going to be a lot of fun.


Writing has always been a hobby of mine. I'm a singer and a song writer, so I have a little bit of a back ground with poetry. In this class I was required to broaden my horizons, and explore all new different types of writing. From broadcasting, public relations, all the way down to writing gossip columns and robbery articles.


I can honestly say I feel a little more knowledgeable and stronger as a writer. It never struck me how much work and effort is put into articles and stories, and how different of a guideline each of them abide by. It's incredible.


I'm very thankful for the experience I recieved in this summer course, and the amount of education I recieved about writing in what feels like such little time. It's knowledge and techniques that I will continue to use for as long as I continue my path in this field, as well in daily life where ever I may go.


Thank you for this opportunity Mr. Eaton! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment