Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Girl With A Dream & A Knack For Writing..

To me, writing is a way of life.  It allows one to not only get their feelings out... but it allows one to share their words of wisdom with the rest of the world.  I feel as though I hold a strong passion & ability for writing, & I wouldn't mind showing the world the beautiful art in which I have created with life's words.  
It all began when I was six years old, when I heard Britney Spears on the radio.  I knew that one day I wanted to pursue a career in the entertainment industry doing just what she did... sharing her talents that she was blessed with, with the rest of the world.  From that day on I pursued an active career in dancing & singing.   Though I was still too young to receive much media attention, I sure did catch the eye of many local citizens in my hometown of Inverness, Florida.
It wasn't until I was just shy of thirteen years old, that my parents had driven me to Chattanooga, Tennessee, where Simon Fuller was holding auditions for American Juniors, the American Idol spinoff for pre-teens.  In an auditorium full of talented pre-teens and competitive parents, there I stood a little twelve year old girl with a big, big dream of becoming the next big thing.  Number 302 was my artist identity at this audition, and was also a sticker that completely unflattered my white shirt & blue plaid capris.  Twelve o'clock on a Thursday afternoon... it was my turn to shine bright in the spot light.  I performed 60 seconds of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" and left the audience, as well as the judges, in complete awe.  
Unfortunately, I was unable to move to the second round of auditions, but it didn't stop there.  Three months down the road, as my freshman year of high school was creeping near, I performed at a talent show in Orlando, Florida.  It was then that I met exactly who I've always dreamt of meeting... Scott Campbell who was a CEO of BDO Records & was also, a execeutive producer for Miss Britney Spears!  Scott Campbell enlightened me with words of wisdom as well as complimenting me on my talent of singing & dancing.
As time flew by, I was working with top notch producers, while creating an image for myself.  I performed at many venues singing cover songs, which are songs performed by other artists.  Wondering why I have yet to get really noticed, it dawned on me that maybe it's because I'm not performing self-written music.  My mother always told me I had a knack for writing, but it never once occurred to me that I could use that third talent for writing music! And that was when the biggest, brightest chapter in my life began...
At sixteen, I had completed my first self-written pop/dance song with producers Eric Dively & J'Man of Heartbeat Records, which gained worldwide attention from both record labels & fans in just a matter of weeks, thanks to MySpace!  By the age of seventeen, I myself had written over a dozen of songs, and have worked in the studio with many of today's best engineers, producers, and CEO's.  
As of 2009, I have written over 28 songs, and gained outstanding recognition from people all over the world, all because of a hidden talent... which was also a blessing in disguise.  I now work with Vision Sound Records & we are in the process of producing my first self-written & self-recorded EP/CD, in which  I plan to promote to many highly recognized labels this upcoming fall.  Finally! It's my chance to shine.  A girl with a dream & a knack for writing...who would've thought..?

No comments:

Post a Comment